- Relocate the Rockspace extender
If re.rockspace refused to connect, then check the LED status on the extender. If you see a red light on the extender, then disconnect your router and plug it near the WiFi router. Try to place your extender away from other interfering devices like microwaves, treadmills, refrigerators, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, or glassy surfaces.
- Ensure your extender is connected to the correct network
Make sure that your browsing device is connected to the right wireless network. If you connect your device with the wrong network, then you can encounter a Rockspace repeater login error. Check the wireless connection while accessing the re.rockspace.local web page.
A simple restarting process can resolve several issues. Follow the below instructions to restart the Rockspace extender:
- Turn off your extender and disconnect the extender from the main power socket.
- Now, remove all the network cables from the extender and wait for a couple of seconds.
- After that, replug the extender and reconnect all the wires.
- Turn on your extender and connect the device to the extender network to access the re.rockspace.local web page.
- Restart the router or modem
If restarting the extender is not working, then try to restart your WiFi router or mode. Following are the steps to restart the router or modem:
- Power off your router and disconnect it from the wall socket.
- Wait for a few seconds and then reconnect it to the power adapter.
- Now, connect your device and try to access the re.rackspace.local login page.
- Disable the Antivirus and firewall security
Antivirus software and firewall security can also cause the rockspace local admin page not connecting issue. Disable the antivirus or firewall security and reboot your device to access the re.rackspace.local login page.
Cache memory, browsing history, junk files, or cookies also cause the http://re.rockspace.local not found the problem. Therefore clear the cache memory before accessing re.rockspace.local.